Hubdoc is the latest generation of OCR (optical character recognition) which extracts the key data from your bills, receipts and invoices and publishes it directly into your software – integrating with Xero or Quickbooks Online.
These documents can come into Hubdoc via several methods:
- These can be sent in via the Hubdoc App on your smartphone.
- Sent via email with vendors emails setup to automatically be forwarded to Hubdoc to your unique email address
- Hubdoc can also connect directly to Vendors accounts (eg. Telstra) and auto download and publish invoices reducing the need for manual entry and human error,
- Of course, you can also upload the receipts directly via their online platform but that is the manual way we work with you to avoid!
The joy of a good quality OCR system is that it reduces the need to store/file physical invoices or endless emails of invoices for payment/processing.
This means that you will no longer have to store physical invoices or remember to take them back to the office to be scanned and uploaded! Once a receipt is entered into receipt bank it goes through the data extraction process. During this process all the detail from the receipt will be copied from the receipt ready for entry such as the date, supplier, supplier ABN, total amount & the GST component.
- Connect directly to supplier accounts to automate the retrieval of supplier invoices
- Reduce data entry via the OCR extraction tool
- No need to keep physical receipts saving the associated filing and admin costs
- Automatically have copies of the receipts linked to the correct Xero transaction (Or Quickbooks Online transaction)
- Save on admin staff costs freeing up your staff to complete higher value work
- Autosync with your cloud storage including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive etc.
We are Advanced Certified Hubdoc Xero & Hubdoc Quickbooks-Online partners and are able to assist you to setup the system, train your internal staff in it’s use, and help you with the ongoing management or review of the system once implemented. Remember, this is designed to be automated and thus does not take masses of time on an ongoing basis to ensure it is kept up to date.